Who we are:
The Beech Hill Hotel Limted is a United Kingdom hotel company. We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website and hotel. In particular, we want you to know that we do not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies / businesses for marketing purposes.
What is Personal Data
Personal Data is defined in Article 4(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
Why we collect Personal Data:
The Personal Data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To process, confirm and promote all our services as a hotel
- To provide a tailored website available to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- To manage time and attendance for staff payroll purposes
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Legal basis for processing personal data
We collect and use personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under contract obligations; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing personal data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Beech Hill Hotel Limted, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our guests;
- protecting guests, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- understanding our guests behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling guest contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Beech Hill Hotel Limted, its employees and guests, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Beech Hill Hotel Limted;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Beech Hill Hotel Limted; and
- fulfilling our duties to our guests, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Types of data we collect:
From our Website and/or trusted partners e.g. Siteminder
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your on-line browsing activities;
- Your password(s);
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details will be processed by either SagePay or PayPal payment gateways;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your correspondence and communications with us; and
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
From our free Wifi
- Your device
- The volume of data which you use
- The websites and applications which you access; and
- Your usage by access time, frequency and location.
From our CCTV System
- Your images while at the hotel
- Your location by time and date
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to our reservations team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, for example Booking.com, or from publicly available sources.
Beech Hill Hotel Limted will process personal data for the duration of your booking process and stay and/or employment and will store personal data for up to a maximum of 7 years. CCTV images are stored for a maximum of 30 days.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. The date this policy was last updated was 8 May 2018.
How we protect your data:
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- We are PCIDSS compliant for the processing of payments
- All our servers/workstations are protected by 128 bit Encrypted Firewalls
- Our website uses Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) which is the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and our website. It means all communications between your browser and our website is encrypted.
- From 25 May 2018 we will use the double opt-in method for all forms on our website to ensure that any individual providing us with personal data is required to confirm that the email they have provided belongs to them.
- Internal IT policies setting out our data security procedures.
- Physical and electronic access control measures.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point while we are in possession of/or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Beech Hill Hotel Limted refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain
If you have any questions about how we uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer – Stefan Davis by any of the following means:
- E-mail Stefan at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Write to Stefan at: Beech Hill Hotel Limted, No 2 The Grange, Altrincham, Wilmslow, SK9 5ND
- Telephone Stefan on 01547 468357
We accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Passport or driving licence or birth certificate.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. “Session” cookies are stored on memory and never written to disk. When the browser is closed the cookie is permanently deleted. If the cookies contain an expiry date, it is considered a “persistent” cookie, which will be removed on the specified date. They can also be deleted manually. You can accept or decline cookies. Cookies are accepted by default by most browsers, if you would like to disable them please refer to your browser’s help section.
We use ‘first party’ and ‘third party cookies’ on our website.
‘Third party’ cookies are set by our trusted partners:
- We use Google Analytics cookies to be able to measure and track the usage of our website. This helps us to identify areas for improvement. We also want to track how many of our visitors make bookings, which helps us to make business forecasts and decisions.
- We use Google AdWords – Google’s main advertising product. AdWords offer pay-per-click (PPC) advertising displayed next to search results to boost website traffic and sales.
- We also use social media buttons e.g. Facebook and Twitter, to allow you to connect to your social networks and share content.
By continuing to use our site and by using the social media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third Party Cookies:
This domain is owned by Google Inc and is the company's UK oriented search site. Although Google is primarily known as a search engine, the company provides a diverse range of products and services. Its main source of revenue however is advertising. Google tracks users extensively both through its own products and sites, and the numerous technologies embedded into many millions of websites around the world. It uses the data gathered from most of these services to profile the interests of web users and sell advertising space to organisations based on such interest profiles as well as aligning adverts to the content on the pages where its customer's adverts appear. The main purpose of cookies set by this host is targeting/advertising
This domain is owned by Google Inc. Although Google is primarily known as a search engine, the company provides a diverse range of products and services. Its main source of revenue however is advertising. Google tracks users extensively both through its own products and sites, and the numerous technologies embedded into many millions of websites around the world. It uses the data gathered from most of these services to profile the interests of web users and sell advertising space to organisations based on such interest profiles as well as aligning adverts to the content on the pages where its customer's adverts appear. The main purpose of cookies se by this host is targeting/advertising.
This domain is owned by Doubleclick (Google). The main business activity is: Doubleclick is Googles real time bidding advertising exchange. The main purpose of cookies by this host is targeting/advertising.